Version 6.0.19 of the Passenger application server has been released. This release rounded out our support for arm64 (also called aarch64) by adding el8 & 9 aarch64 rpms and prebuilt generic arm64 binaries for rubygems installs of Passenger.
Passenger 6 introduced Generic Language Support, or: the ability to support any and all arbitrary apps.
Updates & improvements
- [Ruby] Fix compatibility with Rack 3 header array. Closses GH-2503.
- [Ruby] Preserve
SIGPROFsignal handlers. Contributed by Ivo Anjo. Closes GH-2489.
- [Python] Replaces use of imp module with importlib in Python 3. Contributed by Rongxin Liu. Closes GH-2399 and GH-2501.
- [Ubuntu] Removes packages for Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" (EOL June 2023).
- [Ubuntu] Adds packages for Ubuntu 23.10 "mantic".
- Fixed a memory allocation bug in the security update checker.
- [Debian] Add Debian 12 Bookworm packages. Closes GH-2488.
- [RPM] Published arm64/aarch64 rpms for EL8 & EL9 (RHEL, Rocky, Alma). Closes GH-2452.
- [ARM] Publishes prebuilt arm64/aarch64 binaries for Passenger gem installs. Closes GH-2288.
- [ARM] Fixes a regression in Passenger 6.0.7 where strict-aliasing archs (notably: aarch64 aka ARM64) builds of Passenger were always building for big-endian archs. Closes GH-2451 and GH-2419.
- Updated various library versions used in precompiled binaries (used for e.g. gem installs):
- ccache: 4.6.3 -> 4.8.3
- cmake: 3.26.4 -> 3.27.7
- curl: 8.1.2 -> 8.4.0
- git: 2.41.0 -> 2.42.0
- gnupg: 2.4.2 -> 2.4.3
- libassuan: 2.5.5 -> 2.5.6
- libksba: 1.6.3 -> 1.6.4
- openssl: 3.1.1 -> 3.1.4
- rubygems: 3.4.13 -> 3.4.21
- zlib: 1.2.13 -> 1.3
Please see the installation guide for advice on getting started with Passenger. Coming from a language other than Ruby, Python, Meteor or Node? Even if we didn't write a specific tutorial for your language, we made a generic guide that shows you the steps.
Upgrading to 6.0.19
We strongly advise staying up to date with the latest version.
Check out our upgrade guides for the different platforms: